IMI 10th Anniversary Scientific SymposiumStart Date 22/10/2018 End Date 23/10/2018
For the last 10 years, our projects – 100 and counting – have been carrying out amazing work to speed up the development of innovative medicines and transform medical research. Interested in what they have achieved? Don’t miss our 10th anniversary scientific symposium, where young scientists from IMI projects will present their sterling work.
The symposium will take place on 22 and 23 October 2018 in Brussels. It will feature more than 80 poster displays, over 25 oral presentations and several interesting panels on topics ranging from personalised medicine to patient-centric approaches in drug development. The oral presentations and the scientific posters have been selected by a panel of top experts. Taking an open innovation approach, our young scientists will offer a glimpse into some of the stellar science that IMI projects have been doing in various disease areas, such as severe asthma, Alzheimer’s disease, diabetes and cancer, to name but a few.
This year, as we celebrate our 10th anniversary, we have decided to bring our project partners together to share with the wider scientific community their high-quality research, and to provide a space for projects to learn from one another. We hope that these discussions will trigger new ideas, bringing the research funded by IMI a step further.
Meet the Programme Committee
The abstracts were reviewed by a Programme Committee made up of leading scientists from a range of fields. The committee was chaired by Professor Michel Goldman.
- Professor Michel Goldman, Institute for Interdisciplinary Innovation in Healthcare (I³h), Université Libre de Bruxelles, Belgium
- Professor Isabelle Bekeredjian-Ding, Paul Ehrlich-Institut, Federal Institute for Vaccines and Biomedicines, Germany
- Professor Daan Crommelin, Department of Pharmaceutics, Utrecht University, the Netherlands
- Professor Maria Beatriz Da Silva Lima, Faculty of Pharmacy,Universidade de Lisboa, Portugal
- Dr Diane Gosselin, Consortium Québécois sur la Découverte du Medicament (CQDM), Canada
- Professor Trevor M Jones, Arix Bioscience plc, UK
- Dr Ángeles Rodriguez Peña, Alberto Sols Biomedical Research Institute, Spain
- Dr Cees Smit, The Netherlands Organisation for Health Research and Development, the Netherlands
- Professor Tanel Tenson, Institute of Technology, University of Tartu, Estonia
Registration for the Scientific Symposium is free but obligatory. If you would like to attend, please register here. The registration will close on 14 October.
Note that the IMI Stakeholder Forum 2018 will be held at the same venue on Wednesday 24 October. Registration for the Stakeholder Forum will open shortly.
Please find here the draft agenda