To give potential applicants as much time as possible to form consortia and prepare their proposals, IMI regularly publishes information on possible future topics well in advance of the official Call launch. To ensure you get the latest information on forthcoming Calls, sign up to our newsletter, follow us on Twitter, or join our LinkedIn group.
Future Call dates
IMI’s next Call for proposals is currently planned for 26/06/2019. This date is indicative and may change.
IMI2 – Call 17
The following topics were launched under IMI2 - Call 17 on 22 January 2019. The final versions of the topic texts and details of how to apply can be found on the Call page. We advise applicants to read the final version carefully as the texts may have changed since the last draft versions published here.
- Optimising future obesity treatment
- Open access chemogenomics library and chemical probes for the druggable genome
- Intelligent prediction and identification of environmental risks posed by human medicinal products
Future IMI Calls for proposals
The following topics are under consideration for inclusion in future IMI Calls for proposals in the longer term. The discussions on these topics are still in their early stages. For this reason, the topics may change considerably and they will probably not be ready for inclusion in an IMI Call for proposals for several months. Furthermore, as the discussions advance, it is likely that some topics will be added to this list while others will be dropped. In any case, we hope that this list will give potential applicants a useful glimpse into what is under development in the longer term, and provide additional time to enhance their network. We will update this list whenever we have updates on the status of the topics.
Neurodegeneration and other neuroscience priorities
- Digital transformation of clinical trial endpoints in pain
- Placebo effect in pain
- Psychiatric ratings using intermediate stratified markers -2 (PRISM-2)
- Psoriatic arthritis
Infection control including vaccines
- New topic(s) under the AMR accelerator platform
- Dosing in specific populations
- Digital pathology
Big data, digital health, clinical trials and regulatory research
- ROADMAP 2: need and opportunity for public-private collaborative research to continue the RoadMap efforts
- Independent observatories of health outcomes for patients being the guardians of health data
- E-product information. Leveraging digital technology to drive the correct use and understanding of medicines: a user-centric approach to adherence and risk minimisation
- Patient-reported outcomes and quality of life endpoints
Facilitating the translation of advanced therapies to patients in Europe
- Accelerating research and development of Advanced Therapies
- ATMP Patient Registries Outcomes Data and Evidence
- Innovative Manufacturing of Advanced Therapeutic Medicinal Products, ATMPs
Other enablers of research topics
- Handling of biologic drug products
More information on these potential topics can be found in this document
List updated December 2018
All information regarding future IMI Call topics is indicative and subject to change. Final information about future IMI Calls will be communicated after approval by the IMI Governing Board.