To give potential applicants as much time as possible to form consortia and prepare their proposals, IMI regularly publishes information on possible future topics well in advance of the official Call launch. To ensure you get the latest information on forthcoming Calls, sign up to our newsletter, follow us on Twitter, or join our LinkedIn group.
IMI2 - Call 21 on the development of therapeutics and diagnostics combatting coronavirus infections
IMI is planning a fast-track Call for proposals on combatting coronavirus infections (particularly COVID-19) to be launched in early March.
Draft Call documents
Last update: 25 February 2020
Scope of the Call
The scope of the Call is broad and proposals must address one of the following objectives:
- development of antivirals as well as other types of therapeutics to address a rapid response to the current COVID-19 outbreak;
- development of therapeutics to address the current and/or future coronavirus outbreaks;
- development of diagnostics, ensuring rapid evaluation of candidates based on existing technologies;
- development of fast and reliable tools that go beyond the state of the art for detection of COVID-19 carriers and symptomatic individuals suspected of COVID-19 infection.
Preventive vaccines are specifically excluded from the scope of the Call.
IMI will hold a webinar on IMI2 - Call 21 on Wednesday 4 March at 14:30. For details and to register, visit the webinar page.
Future IMI Calls for proposals
The following topics are under consideration for inclusion in future IMI Calls for proposals in the longer term. The discussions on these topics are still in their early stages. For this reason, the topics may change considerably and they will probably not be ready for inclusion in an IMI Call for proposals for several months. Furthermore, as the discussions advance, it is likely that some topics will be added to this list while others will be dropped. In any case, we hope that this list will give potential applicants a useful glimpse into what is under development in the longer term, and provide additional time to enhance their network. We will update this list whenever we have updates on the status of the topics.
Summaries of the topics can be found in this document (last update: December 2019)
Neurodegeneration and other neuroscience priorities
- Rare neurodegenerative and neurocognitive diseases clinical platform development
- Complement in neurodegenerative diseases
Infection control including vaccines
- Development of innovative personalized diagnostics and patient-guided therapies for the management of sepsis-induced immune suppression
- Modelling the impact of monoclonal antibodies and vaccines on the reduction of antimicrobial resistance
Big data, digital health, clinical trials and regulatory research
- Data lakes
- Personalised endpoints
- Returning clinical trial data to patients
- Real-world clinical implementation of liquid biopsy
- Pharmacodynamic drug-drug interaction predictive testing by learning algorithms to enhance safety
- Digital vivarium
Facilitating rare disease therapies (including Advanced Therapy Medical Products) reaching patients in Europe
- Clinical outcomes assessments for rare diseases
- Defragmenting and shortening the path to rare disease diagnosis by using genetic screening and digital technologies
Restricted Call to maximise the impact of IMI2 JU objectives and scientific priorities
All information regarding future IMI Call topics is indicative and subject to change. Final information about future IMI Calls will be communicated after approval by the IMI Governing Board.