To give potential applicants as much time as possible to form consortia and prepare their proposals, IMI regularly publishes information on possible future topics well in advance of the official Call launch. To ensure you get the latest information on forthcoming Calls, sign up to our newsletter, follow us on Twitter, or join our LinkedIn group.
Future Call dates
IMI’s next Calls for proposals are currently planned for 26/06/2019. This date is indicative and may change.
IMI2 - Calls 18 & 19
The following topics are under consideration for inclusion in the next IMI Calls for proposals (IMI2 - Calls 18 and 19, which will be launched at the same time). These topics are now at an advanced stage of development and we hope that these drafts will allow potential applicants to start working actively on proposals and forming consortia. Draft topic texts are subject to consultations involving IMI's States Representatives Group, Scientific Committee, and the European Commission. They must also be approved by the IMI Governing Board. Depending on the results of the consultations and approval process, the final topic text may differ significantly from the draft versions initially published here, and applicants should always base their proposals on the final, approved topic texts which will be published when the Call is officially launched. Furthermore, although it is unlikely at this stage, it is possible that a draft topic may be postponed to a future Call or dropped entirely.
- Central repository of digital pathology slides to support the development of artificial intelligence tools
- Health Outcomes Observatories – empower patients with tools to measure their outcomes in a standardised manner creating transparency of health outcomes
- Improving patient access, understanding and adherence to healthcare information: an integrated digital health information project
- Establishing international standards in the analysis of patient reported outcomes and health-related quality of life data in cancer clinical trials
- Accelerating research & development for advanced therapy medicinal products
- Supporting the development of chimeric antigen receptor T cells
- Restricted call to maximise impact of IMI2 JU objectives and scientific priorities
Future IMI Calls for proposals
The following topics are under consideration for inclusion in future IMI Calls for proposals in the longer term. The discussions on these topics are still in their early stages. For this reason, the topics may change considerably and they will probably not be ready for inclusion in an IMI Call for proposals for several months. Furthermore, as the discussions advance, it is likely that some topics will be added to this list while others will be dropped. In any case, we hope that this list will give potential applicants a useful glimpse into what is under development in the longer term, and provide additional time to enhance their network. We will update this list whenever we have updates on the status of the topics.
Neurodegeneration and other neuroscience priorities
- Digital transformation of clinical trial endpoints in pain
- Placebo effect in pain
- Psychiatric ratings using intermediate stratified markers -2 (PRISM-2)
- Psoriatic arthritis
Infection control including vaccines
- New topic(s) under the AMR accelerator platform
- Dosing in specific populations
Big data, digital health, clinical trials and regulatory research
- ROADMAP 2: need and opportunity for public-private collaborative research to continue the RoadMap efforts
Facilitating the translation of advanced therapies to patients in Europe
- ATMP Patient Registries Outcomes Data and Evidence
- Innovative Manufacturing of Advanced Therapeutic Medicinal Products, ATMPs
Other enablers of research topics
- Handling of biologic drug products
More information on these potential topics can be found in this document
List updated April 2019
All information regarding future IMI Call topics is indicative and subject to change. Final information about future IMI Calls will be communicated after approval by the IMI Governing Board.