To give potential applicants as much time as possible to form consortia and prepare their proposals, IMI regularly publishes information on possible future topics well in advance of the official Call launch. To ensure you get the latest information on forthcoming Calls, sign up to our newsletter, follow us on Twitter, or join our LinkedIn group.
Future Call dates
IMI’s next Calls for proposals are currently planned for 21 January and 23 June 2020. These dates are indicative and may change.
IMI2 – Call 20
The following topics are under consideration for inclusion in the next IMI Call for proposals. These topics are now at an advanced stage of development and we hope that these drafts will allow potential applicants to start working actively on proposals and forming consortia. Draft topic texts are subject to consultations involving IMI's States Representatives Group, Scientific Committee, and the European Commission. They must also be approved by the IMI Governing Board. Depending on the results of the consultations and approval process, the final topic text may differ significantly from the draft versions initially published here, and applicants should always base their proposals on the final, approved topic texts which will be published when the Call is officially launched. Furthermore, although it is unlikely at this stage, it is possible that a draft topic may be postponed to a future Call or dropped entirely.
- Early diagnosis, prediction of radiographic outcomes and development of rational, personalised treatment strategies to improve long-term outcomes in Psoriatic Arthritis
- Innovations to accelerate vaccine development and manufacture
- Real-world clinical implementation of liquid biopsy
- Tumour plasticity
- Proton versus photon therapy for oesophageal cancer – a trimodality strategy
- Handling of protein drug products and stability concerns
- Academia and industry united innovation and treatment for tuberculosis (UNITE4TB)
Note: This topic is part of the IMI Antimicrobial Resistance (AMR) Accelerator programme
Last update: 14 October 2019
Future IMI Calls for proposals
The following topics are under consideration for inclusion in future IMI Calls for proposals in the longer term. The discussions on these topics are still in their early stages. For this reason, the topics may change considerably and they will probably not be ready for inclusion in an IMI Call for proposals for several months. Furthermore, as the discussions advance, it is likely that some topics will be added to this list while others will be dropped. In any case, we hope that this list will give potential applicants a useful glimpse into what is under development in the longer term, and provide additional time to enhance their network. We will update this list whenever we have updates on the status of the topics.
Summaries of the topics can be found in this document.
Neurodegeneration and other neuroscience priorities
- Rare neurodegenerative and neurocognitive diseases clinical platform development
- Complement in neurodegenerative diseases
- Digital endpoints and placebo effect in chronic pain
Infection control including vaccines
- Development of innovative personalized diagnostics and patient-guided therapies for the management of sepsis-induced immune suppression
- Modelling the impact of monoclonal antibodies and vaccines on the reduction of antimicrobial resistance
Big data, digital health, clinical trials and regulatory research
- Data lakes
- Personalised endpoints
- Returning clinical trial data to patients: The proactive return of clinically relevant information to study participants during and after a clinical trial
- Pharmacodynamic drug-drug interaction predictive testing by learning algorithms to enhance safety
- Digital vivarium
Facilitating rare disease therapies (including Advanced Therapy Medical Products) reaching patients in Europe
- Clinical outcomes assessments for rare diseases
- Defragmenting and shortening the path to rare disease diagnosis by using genetic screening and digital technologies
Restricted Call to maximise the impact of IMI2 JU objectives and scientific priorities
Last update: 14 October 2019
All information regarding future IMI Call topics is indicative and subject to change. Final information about future IMI Calls will be communicated after approval by the IMI Governing Board.