IMI2 - Call 21
Call ID: H2020-JTI-IMI2-2020-21-single-stage
Action Type: RIA – Research and Innovation Actions
Update of 31 March 2020
Scope: Considering that this is a newly-identified virus, the scope of this topic remains broad and must address at least one of the following objectives:
- development of antivirals as well as other types of therapeutics to address a rapid response to the current COVID-19 outbreak;
- development of therapeutics to address the current and/or future coronavirus outbreaks;
- development of diagnostics, ensuring rapid evaluation of candidates based on existing technologies;
- development of fast and reliable tools that go beyond the state of the art for detection of COVID-19 carriers and symptomatic individuals suspected of COVID-19 infection.
Preventive vaccines are specifically excluded from the scope of the Call.
For full details of the topic, including the budget breakdown and the General Conditions for the Call for proposals, click on the links above (which take you directly to the relevant page of the Participant Portal) or read the IMI2 - Call 21 Text.
Applicants are also strongly advised to read this questions and answers document. This document is updated regularly - the last update was on 31 March.
- From EFPIA companies and IMI2 Associated Partners: to be defined based upon selected proposals
- From the IMI2 JU: EUR 72 000 000
Key dates and deadlines
- Draft topic texts published: 17 February 2020
- Publication date: 3 March 2020
- Submission start date: 3 March 2020
- Submission deadline: 31 March 2020
How to apply
All documents relating to the Call can be found via the Funding and Tenders Portal and the IMI2 Call documents page, in particular the IMI Manual for evaluation, submission and grant award - version 1.7.
Proposals must be submitted via the electronic submission system of the Funding and Tenders Portal. To start submitting your proposal, simply click on the relevant topic above - this will take you directly to that topic's page on the Participant Portal. Once there, scroll down and click on 'Start submission'.
Detailed guidance on how to submit a proposal, including a detailed user manual and frequently asked questions, can be found under the Submit a Proposal section of the Participant Portal Horizon 2020 Online Manual.
Sign up to / catch up on the IMI2 – Call 21 webinar.
Contact the IMI Programme Office.