Have your say on the strategic research agenda for a public-private partnership for health innovation under Horizon Europe.
Industry associations representing Europe’s pharmaceutical, biotech and medical technologies industries have launched a consultation on a strategic agenda for health innovation. The agenda, which was created jointly by COCIR, EFPIA, MedTech Europe, EuropaBio and Vaccines Europe, falls under the framework of the European Health Innovation Public-Private Partnership (PPP) under Horizon Europe.
In a statement, the organisations write: ‘Today, the private sector is interested to invest in a new health public-private partnership and would like invite citizens, patients, health and research communities, national authorities, academia and scientific societies to provide their input to make sure that this strategic agenda: aligns with the needs of European health and research communities; is both ambitious and feasible; is clearly complementary with other European and national initiatives.’
The draft research agenda is structured around five areas of action:
- Area of action 1: Harness advances in and synergies in genetics, biology and technology innovations for less invasive, more precise and effective prevention & diagnosis, treatment and care
- Area of action 2: Develop patient-centric integrated care solutions along the healthcare continuum
- Area of action 3: Apply ‘big data’ and advanced analytics/artificial intelligence to enable research, development and new products and services to support integrated healthcare approaches
- Area of action 4: Engaging citizens and patients to manage and improve their health
- Area of action 5: Reinforce value initiatives to guide investment and rewarding of innovation in health and social care
The deadline for contributions is 24 November.
A webinar will be held on 4 November to provide stakeholders with the opportunity to learn more about the proposed partnership and ask questions.
Respond to the consultation
- The draft strategic research agenda, details of how to respond to the consultation and a registration link for the webinar can all be found at www.euhealthppp.org
Find out more about Horizon Europe