IMI at BIO-Europe 2019Start Date 11/11/2019 End Date 13/11/2019
IMI teamed up with the European Commission to take part in BIO-Europe 2019, which was held in Hamburg, Germany, on 11 to 13 November 2019. In addition to a session on funding opportunities for small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs), we had a stand at the exhibition.
Session: EU financial support for R&D through Horizon 2020 and EMA support to SMEs
Tuesday 12 November, 9:00 – 10:30 | Level 1, Hall B1, Room 7 | link
Horizon 2020, the European Union’s framework programme for support to research and innovation provides various types of grants for research as well as other financial mechanisms. Small and medium-sized companies (SMEs) can apply for these funds, in some cases as individual entities (e.g. the EIC Accelerator) or as a partner in a larger consortium applying for large collaborative research grants to work with academic groups and/or other companies including via the Innovative Medicines Initiative (IMI). The European Medicines Agency (EMA) also provides specific and dedicated support for SMEs. .
- Stéphane Hogan, Head of Sector, Stakeholder Engagement, People Directorate (Health & Society), DG Research & Innovation, European Commission
- Angel Fuentes, Policy Officer, Sustainable Industry Systems unit, Prosperity Directorate, European Commission
- Gregor Novak, Project Advisor, European Innovation Council Accelerator, Executive Agency for Small and Medium-sized Enterprises (EASME), European Commission
- Magali Poinot, Advisor to the Executive Director, Innovative Medicines Initiative (IMI)
- Emmanuel Vincent, CEO, Aenitis Technologies, France
- Constantinos Ziogas, Head of SME Office, European Medicines Agency
IMI at the BIO-Europe exhibition
IMI and the European Commission were at the exhibition at booth 92. Representatives of both organisations were at the stand throughout the conference to answer questions about current and future funding opportunities.
This year, BIO-Europe attracted 4 335 participants including senior executives of leading biotech companies, business development teams from large and mid-size pharmaceutical companies, investors and other industry experts. The event featured panel discussions, workshops and company presentations as well as an exhibition and extensive networking opportunities.
Visit the event website https://ebdgroup.knect365.com/bioeurope/
Follow the event on Twitter: #BIOEurope