Collaboration in Alzheimer’s disease & beyondStart Date 15/03/2017
Collaboration in Alzheimer’s disease & beyond: the present and the future of IMI initiatives in neurodegeneration
On 15 March 2017, IMI hosted an event on collaboration in Alzheimer’s disease, bringing together all IMI projects involved in this area and other key organisations and initiatives, with the goal of discussing existing collaboration and exploring future opportunities to work together to advance Alzheimer’s research.
This event provided a comprehensive picture of the IMI Alzheimer’s portfolio, and brought all strategic partners around the table to lay the foundations for future collaboration strategies.
This gathering was a unique opportunity for all IMI projects in the Alzheimer’s field to learn about other projects’ activities and complementarities, share their plans and results with the IMI SGG Neurodegeneration, EFPIA, the European Commission, the IMI Scientific Committee and key stakeholders and partners in the Alzheimer’s field.
A lecture on Alzheimer’s disease was organised aiming at all event participants, IMI Programme Office staff and IMI partners.
Download the meeting agenda
Download the pre-meeting reading material and event booklet containing descriptions of all organisations and projects that participated in the meeting.
- AETIONOMY: Organising mechanistic knowledge about neurodegenerative diseases for the improvement of drug development and therapy
Martin Hofmann-Apitius, Fraunhofer Institute for Algorithms and Scientific Computing (SCAI)
- EMIF-AD: European Medical Information Framework (Alzheimer’s disease)
Simon Lovestone, University of Oxford & Pieter Jelle Visser, VU University Medical Center Amsterdam
- EPAD: European prevention of Alzheimer’s dementia consortium
Serge Van der Geyten, Janssen & Craig Ritchie, University of Edinburgh
- AMYPAD: Amyloid imaging to prevent Alzheimer’s disease
Gill Farrar, GE Healthcare & Frederik Barkhof, VU University Medical Center Amsterdam
- ROADMAP: Real world outcomes across the AD spectrum for better care: multi-modal data access platform
Catherine Reed, Eli Lilly
- MOPEAD: Models of patient engagement for Alzheimer’s disease
Mercè Boada, Fundació ACE & Laura Campo, Eli Lilly
- PRISM: Psychiatric Ratings using Intermediate Stratified Markers: providing quantitative biological measures to facilitate the discovery and development of new treatments for social and cognitive deficits in AD, SZ, and MD
Bernd Sommer, Boehringer Ingelheim
- ADAPTED: Alzheimer's disease apolipoprotein pathology for treatment elucidation and development
Agustín Ruiz, Fundació ACE & Margot Bakker, AbbVie
- PHAGO: Inflammation and AD: modulating microglia function - focussing on TREM2 and CD33
Harold Neumann, University Hospital Bonn & Andreas Ebneth, Janssen
- IMPRIND: Inhibiting Misfolded protein propagation in neurodegenerative diseases
George Tofaris, University of Oxford & Kenneth Tistrup, Lundbeck
- Data quality in preclinical research and development (upcoming project)
Thomas Steckler, Janssen
- Lecture on Alzheimer’s disease
Craig Ritchie, Professor of the Psychiatry of Ageing, University of Edinburgh
Jean Georges, Executive Director, Alzheimer Europe
- Pierre Meulien, Executive Director, IMI
- Magali Poinot, Advisor to the Executive Director, IMI
- Elisabetta Vaudano, Principal Scientific Manager, IMI
- Luc Truyen, Co-Chair SGG Neurodegeneration, Janssen
For information about this event, please contact Elisabetta Vaudano, Principal Scientific Manager at IMI.