To give potential applicants as much time as possible to form consortia and prepare their proposals, IMI regularly publishes draft topic texts on this page several weeks before the official Call launch. To ensure you get the latest information on forthcoming Calls, sign up to our newsletter, follow us on Twitter, or join our LinkedIn group.
Draft topic texts are subject to consultations involving IMI's States Representatives Group, Scientific Committee, and the European Commission. They must also be approved by the IMI Governing Board. Depending on the results of the consultations and approval process, the final topic text may differ significantly from the draft versions initially published here, and some topics may not be included in a Call in the end.
- Assessment of the uniqueness of diabetic cardiomyopathy relative to other forms of heart failure using unbiased pheno-mapping approaches
- Genome-environment interactions in inflammatory skin disease
- The value of diagnostics to combat antimicrobial resistance by optimising antibiotic use
- Mitochondrial dysfunction in neurodegeneration
- Support and coordination action for the projects of the neurodegeneration area of the innovative medicines initiative
- A sustainable European induced pluripotent stem cell platform
- Linking digital assessment of mobility to clinical endpoints to drive regulatory acceptance and clinical practice
- Human tumour microenvironment immunoprofiling
- CONCEPTION – continuum of evidence from pregnancy exposures, reproductive toxicology and breastfeeding to improve outcomes now
- Improving the preclinical prediction of adverse effects of pharmaceuticals on the nervous system
- Translational safety biomarker pipeline (TRANSBIOLINE): enabling development and implementation of novel safety biomarkers in clinical trials and diagnosis of disease
- Federated and privacy-preserving machine learning in support of drug discovery
- Pilot programme on a clinical compound bank for repurposing
This programme includes the following topics:
- Cardiovascular diseases and diabetes
- Respiratory diseases
- Neurodegenerative diseases
- Rare/orphan diseases
All information regarding future IMI Call topics is indicative and subject to change. Final information about future IMI Calls will be communicated after approval by the IMI Governing Board.