Innovation ForumStart Date 05/12/2013
Vilnius Innovation Forum - Innovation in Life Sciences and Health
The Innovative Medicines Initiative (IMI) participated in the Vilnius Innovation Forum that took place from 4 to 6 December 2013 in Vilnius, Lithuania.
IMI was a core topic of the Innovation Forum through a session dedicated to public-private partnership (PPP) in life sciences and health.
Speakers and panellists
- Dainius Pavalkis, Minister of Education and Science, Republic of Lithuania
- Ruxandra Draghia-Akli, Director of the Health Directorate, DG Research & Innovation, European Commission
- Michel Goldman, Executive Director, Innovative Medicines Initiative (IMI)
- Richard Bergström, Director General, EFPIA
- Gediminas Černiauskas, Vice-Minister of Health, Republic of Lithuania
- Daan J. A. Crommelin, Professor at the Department of Pharmaceutics, Utrecht University
- Erik Tambuyzer, Chair of the Board, Centre for Medical Innovation in Leuven
- Lina Buzermanienė, Member of Ethics Board of the IMI U-BIOPRED project
- Helmut Walerius, Project Officer - EU policies, Health Information Unit, Directorate General
- Žilvinas Padaiga, Dean at the International Relations and Study Centre, Lithuanian University of Health Sciences
The Innovation Forum was an international event designed to create a high-level discussion platform about innovation, best practices and impact for European economic growth and well-being.
The Innovation Forum - organised by the Ministry of Economy of the Republic of Lithuania in cooperation with the Agency for Science, Innovation and Technology (MITA) - was part of the events taking place during the Lithuanian Presidency of the EU.
- Further information about the Vilnius Innovation Forum and its programme can be found at http://www.vif2013.com/.