Subscribe to the IMI newsletter
This first newsletter of the Innovative Medicines Initiative is sent to you because the IMI team believes you might be interested in receiving updates on IMI activities.
If you wish to receive future editions of the IMI Newsletter in your inbox, please subscribe here.
Feel free to forward or to recommend this newsletter to anyone who might be interested.
3rd Call for proposal
IMI will launch its 3rd Call for proposals at the earliest in the second half of October 2010. The deadline for the submission of Expressions of interest is foreseen mid January 2010.
An indicative list of 3rd Call topics is available on the IMI website. The exact time of the launch and all other information necessary for submitting an Expression of Interest, will be published on the website in due time.
IMI Open Info Day on the 3rd Call for proposals
Academic teams and representatives from patient organisations, regulators, small and medium sized companies, hospitals and other organisations interested in IMIs 3rd Call are welcome to attend the IMI Open Info Day in Brussels.
The agenda of the Info Day will include:
- Presentations and Q&A about practical aspects of participating in IMI projects
- Workshops on the 3rd Call topics, including direct interaction with research leaders from the EFPIA member companies in charge of the relevant topics.
Date and place: 22 October 2010 – Sheraton Hotel, Place Rogier, Brussels (Belgium).
New IMI website
In order to provide better information and service to its stakeholders, IMI has redesigned its website.
The new website includes:
- detailed information on ongoing IMI projects and an overview of participants on a map of Europe,
- an explanatory overview of the Call process
- Frequently Asked Questions and a search function,
- a partner search tool for people and organisations interested in participating in IMI projects (will be made accessible before the end of September),
- IMI-related social media and the new IMI newsletter.
- more to explore.
Intellectual Property Policy
In response to questions and comments related to Intellectual Property (IP) rights in IMI projects, the Innovative Medicines Initiative will provide guidance on the IMI IP rules and explore ways on how to handle IP related issues and pitfalls that participants may encounter during the preparation, negotiation and completion phases of the Grant Agreement and Project Agreement.
An IMI IP Guidance Note is being finalised as the result of constructive discussions among IMI stakeholders (industry, European Commission, member states and academia) gathered in the IMI IP Working Group. It will be published around the time of the launch of the 3rd Call for proposals and will be available on the IMI web page on IP.
News from the projects
- Nearly all 15 ongoing IMI projects have launched a dedicated website. An overview is available here.
- The IMI Education & Training project SafeSciMET has opened registrations to its first course, 'Drug Discovery and Development', which is the introductory course to the new European Masters degree for Advanced Safety Sciences for Medicines designed by SafeSciMET. The course takes place in November 2010 and consists of 5 days at the University of Copenhagen with lectures, presentations and discussions, followed by one week home assignment of case studies and course questions. Registration is open on the SafeSciMET website. A brochure on the course is available here. All the forthcoming SafeSciMET courses are listed on the website , any of them also available one by one, for instance for continuing professional development.
Video's of previous IMI events, including the Stakeholder Forum of June 2010, are online on the IMI YouTube channel.