IMI Call for proposals to explore new scientific opportunities in ongoing IMI JU collaborative projects 2012/2013
Below find information necessary for Coordinators of existing IMI consortia to submit proposals in response to this Call.
Note on eligibility
- Only ongoing IMI projects are eligible to apply for funding under this Call for proposals.
- Furthermore, IMI projects applying for support under this Call must have a formal endorsement from EFPIA confirming that the EFPIA in-kind contribution would at least match any additional funding provided by IMI JU under this Call.
- Full details of the eligibility criteria and application procedures can be found below and in the Call documents.
- Please note that applications must be submitted using the SOFIA software platform. This platform is currently under development and should be released soon. To aid the preparation of the applications, a Word version of the application form is available.
- Updated Version! Q&A summarising some key points
- Other questions about this Call for proposals should be sent to infodesk_AT_imi.europa.eu
- Information on forthcoming standard IMI Calls for proposals can be found on the Future Topics page
The Call for proposals to explore new scientific opportunities in ongoing IMI JU collaborative projects aims at allowing IMI consortia to:
- carry out new activities demonstrating significant added value to ongoing IMI projects considering promising results deserving additional activities, or major changes occurred in the field after the start of their project, or new needs generated by the activities of their project;
- create synergies or complementarities with other IMI projects, which provide significant added value beyond the initial project objectives;
- build on IMI projects’ results (Foreground) that offer a potential interest for further investigations going beyond the initial project objectives;
- explore ways to ensure the sustainability of IMI projects’ achievements;
- involve new partner(s) conducting excellent research in the same area as IMI projects and capable of major contributions to such IMI projects.
The new scientific opportunities - which may also imply the involvement of new beneficiary (-ies) - must relate to the objectives of the IMI JU and should demonstrate an added value to the IMI collaborative project while they could not be accommodated with the current available budget of the IMI collaborative project.
Call Identifier: IMI-JU-2012/2013
Publication Date: 21 August 2012
Call status: Open for submission from 21 August 2012 to 15 December 2013 17:00:00 pm CET
Proposals may be submitted continuously from the date of publication of the Call until 15 December 2013 at 17:00:00 pm CET ('final Call deadline'). They will be evaluated and selected based on the following cut-off-dates in 2013:
- 31 May 2013 at 23:55:00 pm CEST
- 15 December 2013 at 17:00:00 pm CET.
Information Package: Applicants should read the following Call documents required for the preparation of the proposal:
- Rules for Submission, Evaluation and Selection of proposals creating new opportunities for ongoing IMI JU collaborative projects (IMI-GB-DEC-2012-19)
- Evaluation Form (IMI-GB-DEC-2012-19)
- Submission Form (IMI-GB-DEC-2012-19) pdf version - Word version
- Rules for Participation in the IMI JU collaborative projects (IMI-GB-DEC-2012-12)
Applicants must ensure that proposals conform to the submission form template, page limits and layout given in the Rules for Submission, Evaluation and Selection.
Maximum IMI JU budget available for proposals to explore new scientific opportunities in ongoing IMI JU collaborative projects selected in 2013: €7.689.421, equally distributed over the two above mentioned cut-off-dates, and at least matched by the in-kind contribution by the research based companies that are members of the European Federation of Pharmaceutical Industries and Associations (EFPIA).
- Proposals must be received before the final Call deadline;
- Proposals shall be complete, i.e. present all parts and forms mentioned in Section 2 of the Rules for Submission, Evaluation and Selection;
- The proposals must address one of the Call objectives above mentioned;
- Proposals are submitted by an IMI consortium having an ongoing IMI collaborative project for which a grant agreement has been already concluded with the IMI JU, having started from at least one (1) year from the proposal submission and ending at least 6 months after the relevant cut-off-date;
- Proposals shall be accompanied by a formal endorsement from the EFPIA Research Directors Group confirming that the additional funding for IMI JU beneficiaries would at least be matched by additional EFPIA in-kind contribution for that same IMI collaborative project.
Evaluation and selection of proposals to explore new scientific opportunities in ongoing IMI JU collaborative projects:
The evaluation criteria are set out in the Evaluation Form
Compliance with ethical issues: Existing IMI consortium shall ensure that the proposal complies with fundamental ethical principles, see http://cordis.europa.eu/fp7/ethics_en.html
Indicative timetable: Evaluation results will be communicated to the Coordinator of the IMI collaborative project within 2 months from the relevant cut-off-date deadline.
Following the decision of the IMI Governing Board, for successful proposal(s) a grant for additional funding is awarded by means of a formal amendment to the existing Grant Agreement.
Eligibility and Funding rules: The general eligibility and funding rules are set out in the IMI model Grant Agreement and the Council Regulation (EC) N°73/2008 of 20 December 2007